Sunday, February 6, 2011

chalkboard frame

I had been wanting a chalkboard frame after seeing one on a blog, I loved the look and thought it would look great in my dining room. I searched the Willies{Goodwill} for a frame and had no luck until I saw one in my sister’s garage. She parted with it and let me take it with the promise that I would continue searching for another frame and either give her this one or make her a new one. I scored! I took it home {hubby unwilling thinking it was more junk for the garage}. But like the good hubby he is, he went with it.
 He bought the spray paint and painted it.


DSC05941
He did all the work, except /I stained it to tone down the gold…was too shiny for my taste. At first, I wasn’t too sure about the gold {but lately I have been diggin’ it in frames especially}. Yesterday, hubby finished it and while I was out running errands he hung it for me {gotta love him}.
DSC06059
Whala..there it is.... and I absolutely love it!  just like I had envisioned it would look….fabulous!
DSC06054
Was a great weekend….now to get ready for the week..
Grace and peace to you friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...