Monday, August 29, 2011

new beginnings

school started last week for the boys and i



here they are on their first day of school



this first grader is missing his front teeth, top and bottom!


can't believe how fast my boys are growing, he is now in third grade.

 
this year i decided to take a part time teaching assignment
{my choice, not because of budget cuts}
some would call me crazy to reduce my income by half
in these times of financial hardship and unemployment for many
this was my choice {of course with hubby's support and agreement}

today was my first official off day.
i am happy to take on my new role as a stay at home mom even if it is only part-time
this morning i gave my boys breakfast, got ready and dropped them off at school
i walked them to their class and for the first time ever
was able to stay and read to one{without feeling guilt that i should be working}

my boys are in school
some would ask why now?
the truth is your children will need you no matter what age they are
i get to pick them up at a decent hour
cook dinner without rushing
enjoy my weekend
i get to be a better mom
a more relaxed mom
a loving wife
there is not an amount of money that could make up for that

god is amazing and i am ever so grateful for this opportunity
i am in awe of his love and his faithfulness

And we know that in all things
God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose

Romans 8:28

God is calling me to take time and be mom
i am willfully obeying

 p.s .i just received great news for my family that i will share later
hope you are having a blessed week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...