Sunday, August 14, 2011

feeling blessed


today i woke up happy!
sunday is church day, family day.
 this past week was a difficult one as my nanita passed away on tuesday night.
as you recall from this post, she had broken her hip and femur and never quite recovered from it.

it is amazing what the will to live can do.
it can cure and heal and prolong peoples lives.
nanita was 85, her heart and lungs were strong but she was tired.
i guess if i were bed ridden, couldn't move and do the things i loved to do
i might lose my will to live too.

watching a person you love wither and die is the most difficult thing one has to go through
last year i lost my nephew christopher to leukemia
this year my nanita
death is difficult, it sucks.

though i have experienced loss, i feel blessed to have had nanita as my grandmother
i am blessed to have an amazing husband and family

today i pray for all those who are watching over their loved ones who are sick
i pray they find comfort in God
i pray for miracles to be done and that their loved ones would be spared and healed.

as for me, i am off to bake some brownies and enjoy my family.

hope you had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear about your nanita. But I am sure she is now rejoicing in heaven and doing all the things she love to do. I pray for you and your family as you say goodbye and celebrate the life of a great woman. I know how much you love her and what a blessing she was in your life. May the peace and love surround you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...