Tuesday, December 20, 2011

crayon monogram art


DSC_0062
 
today I worked on these gifts for the boys teachers.
I had pinned them on pinterest a while back.
 
DSC_0035
 
I started with a template that I found here. There is a template for every letter.
I just changed the font for the name to one to my liking and printed it out on plain paper.
I bought the frames at Ikea {love that place}.
 
DSC_0045
 
I started by cutting the crayons.  I scored each crayon with a blade or exacto knife and broke the pieces. Next, I placed the crayons on the the template. I cut all the crayons first before I glued them.
 
DSC_0049
 
Once all the crayons were cut and dry fitted {for lack of a better word}, I printed the monogram on cardstock and then hot glued each piece and framed it.
 
super easy, super cute!
 
DSC_0054
DSC_0055
DSC_0060
 
I printed this one on a textured piece of cardstock. i really liked the contrast and colors.
I want one for myself now.
 
DSC_0059
 
I was really happy with how they turned out.
I think their teachers will really like them.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow so your the artist. I saw these by chance on Mrs. Montes Facebook and thought genius. You are awesome! What a creative friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...